The Old Minister’s House
You can find information on timetables and fares on Scotrail’s website. When you arrive at Aviemore station, you’ll find a taxi rank right outside the main door.
Please note: Aviemore petrol station is currently closed from refurbishment until September 2017. The closest places to get fuel are Newtonmore, Carrbridge and Grantown on Spey.
We are situated about 2 miles from the main A9 road from Perth to Inverness and 5 mins by car from Aviemore town centre.
From the North: Leave the A9 and follow signs for Aviemore. Travel through Aviemore town centre, on the B970 and you will reach a roundabout (with an Italian Restaurant on you right hand side) turn left at this roundabout, cross the bridge and follow the road past Rothiemurchus Fishery and Tree Zone. Look out for the wooden carving of a stag - we are very visible from this main road on your left before the Rothiemurchus visitor centre. Our driveway leading to parking is a left turn off the main road just past the house.
From the South: Leave the A9 and follow signs for Aviemore on the B970 and you will reach a roundabout (with an Italian Restaurant on you left hand side) turn right at this roundabout, cross the bridge and you’ve entered Rothiemurchus. Follow the road past Rothiemurchus Fishery and Tree Zone. Look out for the wooden carving of a stag - we are very visible from this main road on your left before the Rothiemurchus visitor centre. Our driveway leading to parking is a left turn off the main road just past the house.
Inverness Airport is only 45mins from Rothiemurchus. Direct flights from London take just over an hour.
FirstGroup operate services from across the UK. Within Northern Scotland Citylink also offers a comprehensive service. In the local area, Stagecoach are the best choice for local transport by bus.
On foot from Aviemore Town Centre
The walk along pavements and footpaths takes around 20 mins. This isn’t a challenging walk and is pleasant during the day. However, it is a mile long so we suggest getting a taxi if you have luggage in tow.
- With your back to the train station, turn left heading South on Grampian Rd.
- Follow the main road for five minutes.
- Opposite the ‘Happy Haggis’ fish and chip restaurant, follow sign posts for ‘Old Logging Way’ footpath down under the railway bridge.
- Turn right and walk past The Old Bridge Inn.
- On your left, take the bridge across the river and follow the path.
- At the end of the path, continue straight past the fishery on your left and continue for another five minutes.
- We are on this main road on the left, just past Tree Zone, before Rothiemurchus visitor centre.
- Look out for the wooden carved stag in our garden, you can’t miss us.